A cat is a great pet for anyone to own. Here are some valuable tips you may want to consider if you have a cat or are thinking about adopting/rescuing a cat.
- Don't leave drape cords near your cats. Don't let your cat play with the cords since they can jump into them or play with them and get them around their neck if they have loops. Cats could be seriously hurt or even killed. Pin the cords of your drapes up where your cat can't get to them.
- Groom your cat regularly and properly. Brushing your cat’s fur rids its coat of dirt and helps keep your cat stay clean. Doing this will also alleviate hairballs and excessive shedding.
- Always keep food and water bowls clean, wash and rinse them well, separately from human food dishes. Plastic bowls may have to be replaced periodically.
- Provide your cat with safe, sturdy, height to climb on. Cats enjoy high places so that they can see what's going on around the house. A cat tower near your kitchen for example can give your cat a place to watch you that is out of the way.
- Keep harmful plants away from your cat. An alternative safe plant for your cat to nibble on is wheat grass. Try supplementing your cat’s diet with Pet Greens.
- Don't let your cat get frequently bored. Cats need to exercise and play, but too many cat owners fail to realize this. If your cat is bored, it might develop anxiety, depression, obsessive compulsive behaviors and ruin some of your furniture. Therefore, ensure your cat has enough space for exercising and playing. If you have an indoor cat, get him an object to climb on or a scratching post. Providing your cat with interactive cat toys and/or catnip can also be beneficial to alleviate boredom.
- Place a litter box in a quiet, private spot. Don't put it in a busy area; keep it away from your cat's food. Make sure it's properly ventilated to keep smell down. Both you and your cat will be happier.
- Turn your music down! If your cat is traveling with you, remember their ears. You might love blasting your favorite music while driving, but they enjoy softer sounds. Therefore, the volume of your music should be minimized, and turn it off completely if necessary.
Cats can really make wonderful pets. They can offer comfort and stress relief. Utilize the above tips in order to live in peace with your cat for a long time!
Article Source: http://www.articlesfactory.com/articles/pets/helping-you-understand-the-world-of-cats-with-these-simple-tips.html